Let me tell you about the ancient grimoire we recently got our hands on.
We found it in what remained of an old study. Withered, worn, and covered in dust…
From what we could decipher it spoke of something called “Codex”.
There are now THREE arenas in Spellsworn. Each with its own feeling and gameplay.
– Static props in a symmetrical pattern populate the arena
– After about 10 seconds giant tombstones will drop from the sky, and damage anything
beneath them. They will remain where they landed until the rest of the match, or until
they sink into the unspeakable depths below.
– Random props, from trees to rocks, will spawn randomly across the arena.
– All spawned props are destructible, some with more hit points than the others. This
makes you far more exposes in the later parts of the round and especially during the final rounds.
– Static props in a symmetrical pattern populate this arena
– This is considered “the classic” arena. No surprises and no randomization. You know,
each round, what you have to work with.
We have changed how the knockback system works. This is to make the knockback more of a threat.
– The force is now more spread out across the entire span of your knockback. Not faster in the beginning with a clear drop off towards the end.
– It is now harder to counter its effect using your own movement. This drops off during the knockback, gradually giving you back full control.
We are aware we will have to fine tune this all the way up to final release, so we feel it’s important to get it out now so we can test it together with you!
If you wish to play around with the settings yourself and see witch one feels best, we have exposed three commands for you to use!
(note: the host must enter it and they reset each match)
SetSteeringModifier (0.4) How much you can control and fight your knockback.
SetKnockbackModifier (0.6) How powerful the overall knockback is.
SetDecelerationModifier (0.6) How fast you lose momentum, after getting hit.
Please use responsibly
– Added New level: Codex.
– Reworked level: Fairy ring (Now called The Clearing).
– Renamed level: Soul Cairn (Now called The Cauldron).
– Removed the “Voko-pixel” from The Cauldron.
– Added music and ambient sounds to Game Lobby.
– Removed drop down menu under “Play button”.
– Reworked knockback calculations.
– Added console commands to tweak knockback (look above)
– Fixed incorrect spawn position when using Fetch,Swapball, and charge.
– Fixed game timer.
– Added “Current round” to round counter.
– Added victory-colored icons to round counter.
– Added server browser filters for “In game” and “Password protected”
– Added new loading screen with useful tips and tricks
- – Removed speed buff on upgraded projectiles.
- – Removed damage on Chain Hook.
- – Swap ball now swaps with Rockpillar
- + General bug swatting and crash fixing.
Please check us out on the rest of the internet, and let us know what you think!
Our Steam page, Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit
Or check out the IRC channel on Quakenet
Hope to see you in the arena!
(destroying your homing missiles with my rockpillar)